Hostel ViaVia Buenos Aires is a nice place located within the historical district of the city. Perfect for planning your next steps to Patagonia or our rich North. A great place to meet and make new friends and connect with others. The whole team is like a big ViaVia family: Ricardo, Puntu and Guadalupe. Dedicated and proactive to collaborate with those travelers who visits us.
VIA VIA HOSTEL Buenos Aires occupies a carefully restored historic building. It is located a 15-minute walk from Plaza de Mayo and the nearest metro station. Featuring turn-of-the-century décor with unique details, this hotel offers modern rooms with new private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, breakfast, and fresh linens.
Our building combines elegant colonial style elements with the incorporation of native natural plants from different regions of the country. In the interior patio you can relax and carry out your outdoor activities. The rooms are decorated with works of art by renowned local painters, and we have a room for events if necessary.
Rooms are spacious and include air conditioning and heating. They all have a private bathroom with a shower, bath and toilet.
Every morning a buffet breakfast is served with fresh fruit from our own Organic Garden located in Lujan, also available for a DailyTrip, you can see all the information on instagram @GauchoVerde or contact us via email-
Ezeiza International Airport is a 40-minute drive away. Plaza de Mayo and the metro station (line A) are 500 meters away. The MetroBus at 100 meters.
Nearby places of interest:
LA CASA MINIMA, ZANJON DE GRANADOS, CAFE BAR TORTONI, LA BRIGADA RESTAURANT, PLAZA DE MAYO, PUERTO MADERO, SAN TELMO MARKET, SAN TELMO FAIR, MUSEUM OF MODERN ART, WOMEN’S BRIDGE, BAROLO PALACE, USINA DEL ARTE, MAFALDA AND THE WALK OF THE CARTOON.
Phone or Whatsapp: +5491131860441
The most famous journeys are in Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Iguazu Waterfalls, Mendoza, Salta and Atacama. But, you can organize your ideal trip, according to your style, favorite destinations, your budget and your available time, we can help you!
Also you can learn the historic story of San Telmo through some of the most interesting tourist destinations close to VIAVIA:
* Paseo de la historieta: this street circuit through the districts of Monserrat, San Telmo and Puerto Madero are a tribute to the main characters from the Argentine comic strip: Mafalda, Patoruzú, Isidoro, Clemente y Gaturro, …
* Facultad de Ingeniería: seat in Paseo Colón: this building, from the middle of the twentieth century, was built by the Foundation María Eva Duarte de Perón, but its founder died in 1952 and she never used her offices. After the Presidency of Juan Domingo Perón, the building was reformed as a Faculty of the University of Buenos Aires. The construction is a replica of the building of the Faculty of law in Recoleta, in a monumental and neo-classical style, typical for that time.
* El viejo Almacén: this old department store was built in the year 1798. In 1969 it was purchased by the famous tango vocalist Edmundo Rivero and changed it into one of the most important tango city halls.
* La casa Mínima: with less than 2.5 metres frontage, from the beginning of the 19 century, this building is known as the narrowest house in the city.
* Pasaje San Lorenzo: the majority of the buildings flanking the two blocks of this street date back to the middle of the 19th century and the first years of the 20th. In this street you can visit the Gallery Los Patios de San Telmo (now owned by a Fleming), a typical house from the 18th century, with artists ‘ studios and artists.
* Mercado de San Telmo: buy antiques, or toys from days gone by, mangoes from Formosa, special spices, Patagonian pâté or drink a coffee. It’s all possible on this one place: the fair of San Telmo. Incredible how the spirit of the first markets here is preserved in Buenos Aires. Minutes of the Obelisk, with typical Italian facades and spacious interiors, this market is a must both for the residents of the area as for the hundreds of daily tourists.
* Plaza Dorrego: this is where the street market takes place every Sunday in San Telmo and is one of the most walking destinations of the inhabitants of Buenos Aires. Numerous sales stalls give this place an air of sophisticated antique flea market. Located in the middle of the San Telmo district, many of these houses from the 19th century transformed into cafés and antique shops (typical for the street Defensa) or created one. The bars put tables on the street and it is one of the most artistic environments of the city. The Plaza is of historical importance because, here in 1816 to the people of Buenos Aires announced that several months before independence was already in Tucumán was proclaimed.
Our personnel is always willing to provide you information. They are also travelers who work here for a limited time or native Argentines.
Also from ViaVia we offer some activities:
Depuis l’aéroport international d’Ezeiza
L’aéroport international d’Ezeiza, « Pistarini » est à environ 30 km de Buenos Aires. De là, vous pouvez prendre un taxi jusqu’à San Telmo (comptez 45 minutes). Il faut mieux prendre un taxi dans l’aéroport, et pas à l’extérieur. Vous pouvez également utiliser la société Manuel Tienda bus Leon qui vous emmène dans le centre. Une autre alternative est le bus 8, il vous laissera à quelques rues de notre hôtel, mais le voyage prend beaucoup plus de temps (environ 2/3 heures).
De l’aéroport national Aeoparque (Jorge Newberry)
Si vous venez d’une autre destination domestique, la plupart du temps vous arriverez à l’aéroport national Aeroparque «Jorge Newberry». De là, vous pouvez prendre un taxi à l’auberge ViaVia. Prenez toujours ceux marqués «Radio Taxi», et assurez-vous que le taxi utilise son compteur. Il vous faudra environ 30 minutes pour arriver à l’auberge.
Manuel Tienda Leon dispose également d’un service de navette de l’aéroport au centre ville. Cela vous prendra environ 30 minutes pour arriver au centre, un peu plus aux heures de pointe. Ces navettes partent toutes les demi-heure de l’aéroport.
Il existe plusieurs bus locaux qui s’arrêtent devant l’aéroport national, par exemple la ligne 130 vous laissera très proche de l’auberge ( le prendre sur l’avenida Paseo Colon).