ViaVia Buenos Aires
ViaVia Buenos Aires is a nice place located within the historical district of the city. Perfect for planning your next steps to Patagonia or our rich North. A great place to meet and make new friends and connect with others. The whole team is like a big ViaVia family: Ricardo, Puntu and Guadalupe. Dedicated and proactive to collaborate with the travelers who visit us.
ViaVia Buenos Aires occupies a carefully restored historic building. It is located a 15-minute walk from Plaza de Mayo and the nearest metro station. Featuring turn-of-the-century décor with unique details, this hotel offers modern rooms with new private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, breakfast, and fresh linens.
Our building combines elegant colonial style elements with the incorporation of native natural plants from different regions of the country. In the interior patio you can relax and carry out your outdoor activities. The rooms are decorated with works of art by renowned local painters, and we have a room for events if necessary.
Rooms are spacious and include air conditioning and heating. They all have a private bathroom with a shower, bath and toilet.
Every morning a buffet breakfast is served with fresh fruit from our own Organic Garden located in Lujan, also available for a DailyTrip, you can see all the information on instagram @GauchoVerde or contact us via email-
Ezeiza International Airport is a 40-minute drive away. Plaza de Mayo and the metro station (line A) are 500 meters away. The MetroBus at 100 meters.
Nearby places of interest:
LA CASA MINIMA, ZANJON DE GRANADOS, CAFE BAR TORTONI, LA BRIGADA RESTAURANT, PLAZA DE MAYO, PUERTO MADERO, SAN TELMO MARKET, SAN TELMO FAIR, MUSEUM OF MODERN ART, WOMEN’S BRIDGE, BAROLO PALACE, USINA DEL ARTE, MAFALDA AND THE WALK OF THE CARTOON.
The most famous journeys are in Patagonia, Buenos Aires, Iguazu Waterfalls, Mendoza, Salta and Atacama. But, you can organize your ideal trip, according to your style, favorite destinations, your budget and your available time, we can help you!
Also you can learn the historic story of San Telmo through some of the most interesting tourist destinations close to VIAVIA:
* Paseo de la historieta: this street circuit through the districts of Monserrat, San Telmo and Puerto Madero are a tribute to the main characters from the Argentine comic strip: Mafalda, Patoruzú, Isidoro, Clemente y Gaturro, …
* Facultad de Ingeniería: seat in Paseo Colón: this building, from the middle of the twentieth century, was built by the Foundation María Eva Duarte de Perón, but its founder died in 1952 and she never used her offices. After the Presidency of Juan Domingo Perón, the building was reformed as a Faculty of the University of Buenos Aires. The construction is a replica of the building of the Faculty of law in Recoleta, in a monumental and neo-classical style, typical for that time.
* El viejo Almacén: this old department store was built in the year 1798. In 1969 it was purchased by the famous tango vocalist Edmundo Rivero and changed it into one of the most important tango city halls.
* La casa Mínima: with less than 2.5 metres frontage, from the beginning of the 19 century, this building is known as the narrowest house in the city.
* Pasaje San Lorenzo: the majority of the buildings flanking the two blocks of this street date back to the middle of the 19th century and the first years of the 20th. In this street you can visit the Gallery Los Patios de San Telmo (now owned by a Fleming), a typical house from the 18th century, with artists ‘ studios and artists.
* Mercado de San Telmo: buy antiques, or toys from days gone by, mangoes from Formosa, special spices, Patagonian pâté or drink a coffee. It’s all possible on this one place: the fair of San Telmo. Incredible how the spirit of the first markets here is preserved in Buenos Aires. Minutes of the Obelisk, with typical Italian facades and spacious interiors, this market is a must both for the residents of the area as for the hundreds of daily tourists.
* Plaza Dorrego: this iswhere the street market takes place every Sunday in San Telmo and is one of the most walking destinations of the inhabitants of Buenos Aires. Numerous sales stalls give this place an air of sophisticated antique flea market. Located in the middle of the San Telmo district, many of these houses from the 19th century transformed into cafés and antique shops (typical for the street Defensa) or created one. The bars put tables on the street and it is one of the most artistic environments of the city. The Plaza is of historical importance because, here in 1816 to the people of Buenos Aires announced that several months before independence was already in Tucumán was proclaimed.
Our personnel is always willing to provide you information. They are also travelers who work here for a limited time or native Argentines.
With all the information and experiences we have made 5 daily trips with all the highlights of Buenos Aires. Also from the Patagonia and the north of Argentina with recommendation and activities.
2. La Boca
4. San Telmo
Also Guadalupe went to Patagonia and wrote her whole experience down with a lot of pictures.
Also from ViaVia we offer some activities:
*GauchoVerde (Asado experience! In Gaucho Verde Cortinez farm, we produce part of the food consumed in Viavia Buenos Aires agroecologically. In our field you can see how we produce our food in a conscious and friendly way with the planet, it is only 1 hour from the city from Buenos Aires.
In gaucho verde you can spend the day in full contact with nature, animals, culture, and typical foods of the country. This option is ideal to take a break after a long trip, celebrate an event or as a goodbye to Argentina in a relaxed and fun atmosphere! (More info firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Workshop Empanadas: Our chef Gabriel will cook with you and you will learn how to make typical Argentine empanadas, from their dough to the typical fillings with fresh and organic ingredients from our own garden located in Lujan, Gaucho Verde. After preparing them, you can have lunch on the Viavia terrace with an exquisite Mendoza wine or an Argentine sangria.
Buenos Aires is a strategic point to discover our beautiful country.
ViaVia Buenos Aires is a very nice place and we are located in a city that runs, which vibrates, and brings together different cultures. Perfect for planning your next steps to the rest of our country like Patagonia or our rich North.
We are like a big family in charge of this beautiful project. All focused on the same mission of the ViaVia: be a meeting point for travellers and natives to share. Dedicated and proactive to collaborate with travellers who visit us.
Interesting is the large number of Belgians living in our land. We have received immigrants who have developed their lives in our country for years. My family, the family of Puntu, is an example of this reality.
We are situated to 40 minutes with the car of the Airport International Ezeiza, by the highway Tte Gral. Ricchieri Ezeiza – Buenos Aires.
Buses from the bus station of Retiro: line 143 (A, F), line 126 (B) 100 meters
Subway from Retiro bus terminal: line “c” up to 9 de Julio Avenue and av. Independencia, from there, 7 Via Via blocks. (10 min)
We also offer a transfer service between the airport and our hostel. To find more information write to us email@example.com
- café – restaurant
- Chile 324 – San Telmo
CP (1098AAH) Buenos Aires
Argentina (Latin America)
- +54 91 13 18 60 441